Town Planner - RTPI
Town Planner - Inverness - Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
GBP25,000 to GBP37,000 + Extensive range of benefits and flexible working options
We are currently working with a UK leading utilities company who have an opportunity for a Town Planner. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of planning requirements for our clients varied portfolio of projects.
Town Planner Key responsibilities:
- To be responsible for achieving and delivering project statutory planning requirements in line with project milestone dates to this programme to be constructed.
- To commission, engage and manage any additional resources required to ensure efficient delivery of Specialist Services to budget and timescales in respect of Town Planning related work including Environmental Impact Assessments, Planning Applications and Permitted Development proposals.
- Specifically to provide planning advice for water and sewerage related capital schemes, identifying planning requirements for individual schemes, risk and timescales associated with these.
- To ensure that the project and delivery teams are supported in managing shared service delivery issues associated with the capital programme, and to co-ordinate and facilitate solutions to these issues in a way that ensures budget and timescales are adhered to as well as providing excellent customer service and preventing damage to our client's reputation. Specifically, to act as a liaison between the project teams, the customers teams, planning authorities and other relevant external bodies to ensure that issues are resolved and planning permissions are achieved while maintaining our clients reputation.
Town Planner Essential skills/knowledge:
- Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute ( RTPI )
- Experience of delivery of statutory planning requirements for complex projects
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to manage individual workload in line with Programme milestones
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills.
Post specific essential skills & knowledge:
- Demonstrate up to date expertise and working knowledge of current Planning legislation including Environmental Impact Assessment, and related requirements to deliver major design and construction programmes
- Water industry, utility or other relevant experience
- Experience of planning appeals
- Stakeholder management experience
The successful candidate will be entitles to an extensive range of employee benefits ranging from health care, childcare, pension and in addition to this flexible working arrangements.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.