Strategic Land Manager
It is to join a team that is part of a successful regional branch covering the West Midlands and surrounding area. The client typically work projects of 200-800 units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land for residential development and successfully promote existing sites in line with the Group's strategic plan.
- Identifying new development opportunities through a range of methods such as examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of use, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base.
- Negotiating terms and securing sites, including initial due diligence, formulating offers, managing the legal process and obtaining the necessary internal approvals.
- Overseeing the promotion of the strategic land bank, appointing and managing external consultants (where required), and liaising with other internal functions including technical and sales.
- Monitoring the strategic land portfolio having regard to national and local planning policy to identify where opportunities/risks exist.
- Assisting in preparing planning applications/appeals.
- Ensuring landowners and their agents are kept fully updated on a regular basis.
- Co-ordinating the viability process and agreeing land values with owners/agents.
- Participating in corporate entertaining to strengthen the Division's contact base.
Personal qualities, characteristics and skills
- An excellent understanding of the planning system and planning policy at both local and national levels.
- Familiar with all legal and contractual aspects of the land process.
- A proven track record in successfully promoting land through the planning system.
- Ideally, either qualified to degree standard in a relevant subject such as Planning or Surveying or commensurate experience.
Sound geographical knowledge of the area.
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects.
- Articulate, clear and credible, able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts.
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker.
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue new development opportunities.
- An extensive contact base.
If you feel you fit this job description or would like to discuss the details of this role please email your CV with timings of when you are available for a call.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Apply for Strategic Land Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly