URGENT - 3 x Principal Planning Consultant - London
My London-based client are looking for 3 Principal Planning Consultants to help out on a number of strategic sites. The role will be for an initial 3 months however due to the nature of the work, it is looking likely the contract will roll on for 9 months plus.
You will be based in the Major Developments team working with developers to evolve, shape and inform on schemes for submission and process them through the statutory application process. The team deals with all major planning applications within the Council’s 6 regeneration areas, together with major schemes in key growth areas and in town centres and other major developments in excess of 150 units. In addition, the team supports the preparation of master plans and planning briefs; inputs into the local plan and site allocations; supports the Council’s development pipeline and is involved in consultancy work in both the public and private sectors.
- Degree qualified Town Planner or RICS equivalent. Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute desirable but not essential.
- Experience in assessing and processing of planning applications for major and complex developments
- Experience of presenting details of complex planning applications to Planning Committees, public meetings and other forums where full discussion and consideration of a development proposal is required.
- Extensive experience of dealing with all forms of planning appeal, written representation, informal hearing and public enquiry including compulsory purchase order enquiries.
- Competent and confident to lead negotiations with stakeholders and communicate clear advice on proposals
If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail or would like some free market advice, please feel free to call me (Jamie) on 02077669067.
The team are always on the lookout for experienced Town Planners and thus more than happy to receive speculative applications.