Planning & Development Manager @ SAV Group
Osborne Richardson is delighted to be working exclusively with SAV Group who specialise in building high quality PRS schemes within the M25. They are an innovative and independent property company, who are well-funded, dynamic and exciting. SAV Group is looking for a commercially minded Planner, who is able to creatively add value to their talented and successful team.
In this role, you will be an ambassador to local authorities, establishing and managing relationships, while promoting the new "co-living" use class and educating on how it is beneficial in helping meet local housing targets. Candidates who have project experience of PRS developments, or with development/planning experience for student accommodation, hostels or hotels would particularly be advantageous.
- Undertake planning policy appraisals to feed into site analysis
- Critically assess planning policy, precedent and legal issues to determine where opportunities/challenges may arise
- Providing general commercial advice on CIL, S106, reliefs etc.
- Contribute to, and undertake forensic due-diligence ahead of prospective acquisitions
- Undertake qualitative research to feed into commercial assumptions i.e. demographic research
- Be able to analyse planning policies and area designations to feed into strategic land identification
- Identify potential strategic development opportunities
- Identify institutional disposal pipelines
- Check LDF for impending designation removal
- Keep track of new/emerging planning policies and changes in legislation
- Propose ways the company could capitalise on policy and legislation to deliver their PRS model
- Build relationships with local planning authorities, relevant consultancies (i.e. political consultants)
- and other parties to aid overarching strategy
- Identify opportunities where the company can make beneficial representations to influence
- emerging policy and liaise with planning consultant to deliver
- Planning related degree or Masters
- 4+ Years of Planning experience
- Commercially minded
- Numerical ability
- Interest in/experience with PRS, Young Professional and Student Accommodation would bw beneficial
- London focused
- Opportunity to grow in a young yet successful company
- Capacity to learn, grow and diversify
- Flexible and friendly office culture
- Opportunities to think outside of the box and pursue creative avenues
- Pioneering a new housing use class with GLA policy acknowledgement and key planning precedents
- Unlimited investment in professional development and encouragement to learn
SAV Group is looking for the best candidates and as such are offering a fantastic salary package, with a basic of £50,000 - £80,000 depending on experience and an attractive bonus scheme.
If you are interested in this role please apply now. Alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it on 07894229847.
If you are interested in a new role, but this job isn't quite for you. Please still send your CV through to me (CJ Obi) - cj @ osbornerichardson.com