Planning Manager @ Luxury Developer (North London)
Osborne Richardson is delighted to be working with an award winning luxury London developer. Our client has over 25 years of innovative design and high quality property development experience, specialising in residential, commercial, hotel and retail schemes.
We are looking for an experienced Planning Manager with 4+ years experience, ideally for a residential developer or within the private sector. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running, as our client has a portfolio of development sites at various stages of the planning process throughout London and the South East.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out planning appraisals of sites assessing their suitability
- Unlocking both immediate and strategic residential development opportunities
- Building a good understanding of current and emerging local and national planning policy
- Leading and liaising with architects and other consultants
- Negotiating at pre-application stage with planning officers and subsequently submitting planning applications
- Managing planning appeals
- Monitoring emerging local development plans that may affect the company's core business areas
It is essential that candidates have:
- 4+ years planning experience
- Experience of working on residential schemes
- Able to think strategically
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have an ability to use one's own initiative
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Experience of dealing with local and regional authorities (including GLA)
- Previous experience in a Planning Management role with a residential developer or consultancy.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the UK residential planning and development process
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project, from land acquisition to the start of the project
- Will have strong communication and decision making skills
- MRTPI or MRICS qualified is highly desirable (but not essential)
Additional desirable attributes would be:
- Client-side experience
- Knowledge of planning in London and the South East region
- Experience monitoring 5 year housing supply
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary ranging from £50,000 to £55,000 depending on experience + £5,000 car allowance + discretionary bonu. Please note our client may consider a higher salary package for the right person.
If this role is of interest please email CJ @ osbornerichardson.com - or if this role isn't quite right for you but you are seeking a new role in Planning, please call me on 0207 291 1150