Gypsy and Traveller Specialist

£30 - 50 per hour + outside IR35
22 May 2017
22 Jun 2017
Jamie Vear-Altog
Full Time
Job Level
Development Control

This Kent based Local Authority is on the lookout for a Planning Consultant to add to their existing capacity and help on a project which requirest specialist attention.

About the role

You will be tasked with dealing with development control matters heavily associated with gypsy and traveller sites. To this extent, you may encounter issues involving Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings Consent and Green Belt matters.

You may also be required to undertake negotiations with applicants/prospective developers and representatives of other Council departments. This will involve preparing planning and site briefs for minor, medium and major development sites.

During your contract, you will also conduct robust and inclusive community engagement, give advice and assistance to the public and other customers as and when necessary, and represent the Planning Service at public meetings and site visits to discuss development proposals.

About you

The successful candidate will ideally be MRTPI accredited and must hold a degree relative to Town Planning. You should also have proven experience working on Gypsy and Traveller site in the past; either within an Enforcement or Development Management capacity however the successful candidate must hold knowledge in both.

Due to the nature of the work, this position is likely to be classified outside scope of IR35.


If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV to If you would prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail or would like some free market advice, please feel free to call me (Jamie) on 02077669067.

The team are always on the lookout for experienced Town Planners and thus more than happy to receive speculative applications.