Planner – Senior Planner
Exciting opportunities for ambitious, entrepreneurial and positively minded Planners to join a successful and expanding Planning team operating in a leading multi-disciplinary property consultancy in Birmingham.
We are seeking to recruit nearly qualified, qualified and Senior Planners to work on a wide range of development projects for landowners, occupiers, investors and developers across all property types.
Candidates should be MRTPI/MRICS or be working towards this. Commercially minded and client focused approach essential and experience of working in the private sector preferred.
Applicants should have detailed knowledge and experience of application of planning legislation and practice, be articulate, logical, able to work under pressure and possess a desire to succeed. To this end, candidates are required to have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Dependent upon experience;
- Planning appraisals
- Research and analysis
- Prepare planning applications, including planning statements
- Management of consultant teams and projects
- Contribute to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements, and other planning supporting documents
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties
- Liaise and cultivate good relationships with clients and fellow professionals
- Prepare/make presentations at meetings
- Develop creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties
- Write complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies
- Keep informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice
- Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives and day to day work of your team
- Provide assistance to team members wherever possible
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other teams
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills. Good attention to detail, conscientious, accurate.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- A team player with leadership potential
- Thrives under pressure, can work to tight deadlines.
- Strives to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients at all times
- MRICS / MRTPI qualified (will consider those close to qualification)
- Practical understanding of Property
- Detailed knowledge of the British Town Planning system (essential)
- Good experience in managing projects (advantageous)
- Strategic approach to problem solving
Salary and Benefits
Dependant on experience/Grade.
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to Paul Rouse