A unique opportunity to lead the growth of this successful and innovative planning consultancy.
This is a principal position, with tremendous potential, heading up a small but well established planning consultancy. Based in Cheltenham we work nationwide across a variety of sectors; from student accommodation and large scale housing developments to self build projects and annexes as well as commercial schemes such as distribution centres and hotels.
After 10 years of successful trading, our founder and managing director is now looking to accelerate the growth of the business. This unique new role is part of the growth plan and offers the opportunity to work with clients on a wide range of projects whilst also being an inspirational team leader and mentor to our team of planners. With scope to take the lead on the direction of the business, we are looking for someone with drive and vision along with a solid background in planning.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Managing our talented team of planners in assisting clients achieve their development goals;
- Lead the team in progressing their professional development and growth;
- Ensuring high standards in the quality of our work and a positive, collaborative and supportive working environment;
- Building upon existing client relationships as well as opening up new opportunities for the company's growth and development;
- Being a significant fee earner and managing your own clients as well as finding exciting new opportunities for the company;
- Liaising with the founders on company performance and development. Taking forward new initiatives and leading the growth of the business.
You will take an active role in all areas of the business from sourcing new clients, marketing initiatives, recruitment and team development. New ideas and initiatives are actively encouraged; we are a dynamic business always looking for ways to improve our work and how efficiently we do it.
We are looking for someone with;
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team;
- An understanding of the commercial side of running a business;
- At least 5 years experience in the planning sector;
- Extensive knowledge of the UK planning system;
- Ambition and vision to take this planning consultancy to future successes.
The role offers tremendous potential and there is plenty of scope to make it your own, including growing your team. We can offer a competitive salary and benefits along with the unique opportunity to make your mark and steer the direction of this thriving company.
Applications can be made via www.plainview.co.uk/careers
No recruitment consultancies please.