About the role:
- Processing mainly minor and small major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for core and external clients.
- Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPI are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours.
Our client's capabilities include a full range of property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development management and planning policy and consultancy services.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a planner/senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
- A demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Development Management service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery
Alongside a strong salary you will receive a good company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more. You will join a stable, established and highly experienced team that offers good career progression prospects to an ambitious consultant.
All of this, in a professional but fun environment!
If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV to. If you prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail please feel free to call 0207 960 2583.
Apply for Planning Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly