Planning Consultant - Leeds
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Planning Team has an excellent reputation for delivering consents for energy, residential, agricultural, waste, industrial, commercial and infrastructure developments, in addition to research and policy projects. The successful candidate will join a team of Planning professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Environmental Impact Assessment, Ecology, Landscape and Archaeology.
As a result of our success in this area, we require a Planning Consultant to manage and deliver a varied range of consultancy projects in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
Planning Consultant - Leeds
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Undertake a wide range of planning project work including desk studies, planning policy analysis, planning applications, planning appeals and planning statements. This will involve ensuring that work is completed to the required legislative standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Demonstrate good awareness and understanding of the key principles of Town & Country Planning through the delivery of projects that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Prepare good quality reports that meet the client’s brief and take full account of relevant legislative guidance and protocols.
- At the higher end of the pay-scale, manage medium to large sized planning projects ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- Achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders, approaching clients and undertaking sales meetings.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Good knowledge of Town & Country Planning regulations and process, particularly the planning policy or development management experience.
- Full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute (or working towards this).
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is competitive in line with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria. Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Monday 17th July 2017. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.