Senior Planning Consultant
Looking to flourish in a supportive environment? Seeking the CV enhancing move to take you places?
I am currently recruiting on behalf of leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who are looking to expand their significant Manchester office with a Senior Planning Consultant. This is a career defining opportunity for an ambitious planning professional looking to build their reputation and portfolio of planning experience in a successful, rapidly growing consultancy based in the North West and Midlands
Day to day:
As a Senior Planning Consultant, you will be joining an ambitious, successful team providing planning policy and consultancy services to a range of public and private sector clients. They provide a variety of services to local authorities around their planning policy functions include policy development; providing technical input to the evidence base; sustainability appraisals; project management. Providing expert witness services for planning appeals primarily for local authorities but also private sector clients. Also delivering a range of consultancy services for public and private sector clients including site appraisals; planning applications; and making representations on Local Plans and other planning documents.
- Assisting local authorities to deliver their local and neighbourhood plans
- Ability to represent clients at public meetings.
- Strong professional report writing skills.
- Ensuring output of the team complies with policy procedure
- Supervision of junior members of staff over time.
Our client's is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. They are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients. Increasing staff numbers by 150 since 2005. Delivering a wide range of schemes and services; from building state of the art schools and colleges to delivering development control services for local authorities across the UK.
This is an opportunity you don't want to miss.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Planning and Consultancy team for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery
Alongside a strong salary you will receive a good company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more. You will join a stable, established and highly experienced team that offers good career progression prospects to an ambitious consultant.
All of this, in a professional but fun environment!
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Freddie on0207 960 2583 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.