You will be working in one of the most reputable nationwide planning consultancies gaining fundamental experience across a variety of projects from a number of private and public sector clients. Working alongside talented planners of all levels and backgrounds in the Central London team; you will form an integral part of the department, responsible for the management of projects and consultants. Expect to be advising clients, identifying new business opportunities as well as ensuring current business relationships remain strong. You will be the lead for medium-scale projects across a range of sectors as well as assisting more senior members of the team with larger schemes. Mentoring and managing junior consultants will also be a key element of your responsibilities.
As well as a planning-related degree, or equivalent, it would be desirable if you have worked in one or two UK planning consultancies and either already be a senior planner or confident in your planning ability and knowledge to make the next move from planner into this role. Ideally you will be MRTPI, working towards it or have demonstrable UK experience.
It would be advantageous if your experience included:
- Residential, mixed use, commercial schemes
- Working within Central London and having an understanding of key development issues and policies in London boroughs
- Taking the lead on a number of planning applications and appeals
- Mentoring junior members of the team and be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Project managingyour own smaller projects
- Negotiating and mediating with local authorities demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication
You will be working for a growing full-service property consultancy operating across the UK. With a proven track record in the industry and extensive knowledge on a variety of work, such as the redevelopment of city centres, housing, leisure, retail and mixed-used developments. This truly is a great opportunity with first rate training that will open up many doors for the future.
Please apply here or call me (Bethan) for a discussion on 020 7766 9018.
I am a specialist Town Planner recruiter always on the lookout for strong candidates so if you are looking for a role in Town Planning then please get in touch.