Project Manager- Public Realm and Cycle Grid
6 days left
My Client is looking for an experienced project manager to join our specialist Project Management team, managing the delivery of a range of major urban highway 'public realm' schemes. The role forms part of Highways and Transportation services to a london boroughand entails close working with the contractor.
The post holder will report to the Project Management Team Leader and will be responsible for managing or supporting with the management of high profile 'public realm' and Cycle Grid related projects across the various london borough Contracts.
To Project Manage high profile 'public realm' and/ or Cycle Grid schemes within a london borough, from inception through to handover.
- To manage all aspects of the delivery of the project, covering client, programme, financial, and stakeholder management.
- Ensuring that the commitments made in the tender submission to City Council relating to the PM function are delivered effectively.
- To use and update all the required financial and project management systems in a timely manner
- To liaise with the client team on progress and to provide advice and guidance as necessary.
- To present reports and presentations to the client team and other key stakeholders
- To undertake liaison with other teams and within the wider business and other key stakeholders.
- To manage project design teams and resources from other offices
- To ensure colleagues and other line managers are kept informed of progress.
- To work closely with stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of the works programme and to drive continuous improvement
- A relevant Degree
- Corporate membership of a relevant professional body (or working towards achieving).
- A relevant Project Management qualification (preferably APMP)
- Ability to work and liaise with a wide range of professionals.
- Experience of managing a team and the ability to manage resources to deliver work on time and to agreed budgets.
- Experience of managing major urban highway projects through the project life cycle, and working with contractors.
- Must have the ability to prioritise, to achieve deadlines and to work with minimal supervision.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills and able to present at Project Boards and other forums.
- Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other Senior colleagues.
- Good experience and knowledge of project and programme management
- Good working knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/ standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB and an awareness of the design principals applied by TfL.
- best practice in highways and transportation.
- Highway and Traffic engineering, Public Realm design principles
- Construction methodology
- Health and Safety, including the CDM Regulations 2017, Contract Administration (specifically NEC contract)
Apply for Project Manager- Public Realm and Cycle Grid
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly