Highways Project Manager
Job Ref: 15989
Job title: Highways Project Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
I'm working with a London Borough who is looking for a principal Engineer looking for a challenge. This role would be perfect for a senior looking for expose and looking to take the next step up.
To manage the design, delivery, management and maintenance of highways infrastructure services or projects, and to co-ordinate officers and contractors to deliver them effectively and efficiently in accordance with Council's policies and best professional practice and legislation and within the required time cost and quality constraints.
To oversee reactive maintenance and winter maintenance regimes or to oversee the detailed design and implementation of projects
- To provide and manage the design, build and maintenance services and to manage operations for highways infrastructure in accordance with corporate plans and aspirations and all appropriate regulations.
- To work and supply services in accordance with Construction, Design and Management (CDM) 2015 regulations and to comply with Health and Safety at Work requirements with regard to contracts, contractors on site and contract specifications.
- To undertake design of engineering works including identification of technical options, taking in to account appropriate contract specifications, design manual and the latest developments in the fields of engineering.
- To supervise term contract and contractors in accordance with applicable contract law, appropriate regulations and local terms, conditions and specifications, including preparation of contract documentation such as task orders and KPI monitoring reports.
- To organise surveys, site inspections and data capture exercises of various kinds, to evaluate, monitor and track asset and stock condition. Prepare and provide technical advice and guidance on the findings.
- Delivering works and projects in accordance with CDM 2015 regulations
- Minimum qualification of HNC or HND in Engineering
- Recognised degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent
- Incorporated membership of an engineering institution
- Evidence of CPD relating to CDM, Project Management, NRWSA, HAUC and H&S