Principal Development Manager - Planning
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Development Manager to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of circa £40,000 to £52,100 (dependent on experience) and an excellent benefits package.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. Providing expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments, public bodies and private sector clients in the UK and overseas.
The role of Principal Development Manager (Planning) is part of the Development Department. You will work alongside the Principal Development Manager (Technical) to lead the Planning, Permitting & Licensing Teams to deliver regulatory work and drive the growth of our commercial services.
Responsibilities of our Principal Development Manager
- Working with the Head of Development to set direction and develop the team’s strategy.
- Working in partnership with the Principal Development Manager (Technical) to deliver business across the teams.
- Leading and managing the Planning, Permitting & Licensing and functions.
- Working with our business development team to develop and deliver commercial planning and development services for internal and external clients.
- Developing and managing relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders across the development industry.
Qualifications and skills required to become our Principal Development Manager
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification and corporate membership of a relevant professional body (MRTPI, engineering, geotechnical or similar)Extensive experience in the development industry
- Experience of leading teams, developing strategy and successfully delivering change
- Significant experience in Planning and Development
- Experience of managing and delivering regulatory services
- Experience in a Minerals/Mining Industry or Construction field
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in land management
- Experience in renewable technology/development
- Budgetary management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills