Senior Planner (Infrastructure Strategy)
We are looking for a professional planner with comprehensive experience of spatial planning and working to deliver significant growth. You will be closely involved in preparation of the local plan and other policy documents, including preparing and implementing the Council’s growth and planning strategies. You will provide technical advice on a range of planning matters, including policy advice on development proposals and advice to Council Committees and Public Inquiries. You will manage project work with other colleagues and, as appropriate, external consultants.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of policy and strategy development, particularly the preparation of statutory development plans.
- A degree in Planning or a related discipline.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and produce cogent reports.
- A proven ability to collate, analyse and interpret data.
- Experience in formulating, monitoring and controlling budgets.
- An ability to prioritise workloads and produce and monitor work programmes.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The post is based in the Council’s Strategic Planning and Growth Division, a multi-disciplinary team dealing with development of planning, infrastructure and transportation strategy and their integration with development opportunities.
Whilst the Job Description for this post is for a career grade position, we are seeking applicants who will satisfy the requirements of the Senior Planner grade. This particular role could fall within the Planning and Housing Strategy Group or the Infrastructure Strategy Group.
- Closing Date for your application: 23/07/ 2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date: 03/08/2017
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers