Technical Support Officer
Technical Support Officer
Building and Construction - London
My client, a London-based Local Authority are looking to recruit a Technical Support Officer to join their team within the Building and Construction industry. The role will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
PLEASE NOTE CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT DEMONSTRATE EXPERIENCE IN VALIDATING PLANNING/BUILDING CONTROL APPLICATIONS ON THEIR CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Responsibilities for the Technical Support Officer role include:
- Registering and validating appeals and reports of unauthorised development submitted through all channels within a specific timeframe
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant parties are notified that an appeal has been received
- Preparing delegated agendas
- Compiling appeal decision notices for dispatch and publication checking for correctness and ensuring any additional enclosures are included
- Ensuring that the service dates and compliance periods of all enforcement notices and planning contravention notices are accurately recorded on the relevant database.
- Preparing background information relating to properties or sites involved
- Preparing electronic enforcement case files prior to investigation by enforcement officers
- Responding to customer enquiries regarding planning appeals and general enforcement enquiries, providing support to the Contact Centre Advisors
- Monitoring the expiry of temporary planning permissions and ensuring that appropriate action is taken if permissions have expired.
- General administrative work as needed and directed by the Senior Enforcement Support Officer and Enforcement Team Leader.
- Booking venues for enquires and hearings, ensuring interested parties are informed of all details of location and time
- Ensuring that the correct fees have been paid and ensuring the payment is received and reconciled with the case
- Ensuring all applications, attachments and scans are indexed according to the agreed file naming protocol, then uploaded to the Document Management System, and available to the public via the website
- Maintaining accurate and timely case records within business systems
- MUST have experience in validation of Planning and Building Control applications
- Experience working as a Technical Support Officer in a Local Authority
- Understanding of the administrative aspect of Planning/Building control
- Experience of working within the UK Building and Construction industry.
- Educated to at least GCSE Level in Maths and English (or relevant equivalent experience).
To discuss the Technical Support Officer vacancy, or any similar vacancies we have available in London, please contact Ollie Melton, or email your updated CV today!
Apply for Technical Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly