Building and Construction - South West London
My client, a South West London based Local Authority are looking to recruit a Planning Technician to join their team within the Building and Construction industry. The role will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
PLEASE NOTE CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT DEMONSTRATE EXPERIENCE IN VALIDATING PLANNING APPLICATIONS/WORKING WITHIN TOWN PLANNING ON THEIR CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Responsibilities for the Planning Technician role include:
- To prepare reports on planning applications and advertisement applications to be considered by the Planning Applications Sub-Committee or its successor.
- To input into written representation appeal statements in accordance with the Town & 19.Country Planning Appeal (Written Representation) Regulations, reporting directly to the Principal Planning Officer (Development Control).
- To initiate action to resolve identified breaches of planning control.
- To prepare written representations appeal statements in accordance with the Town & Country Planning Appeal (Written Representations) Regulations, reporting directly to the Principal Planning Officer (Development Control).
- To train and/or assist in the training of other staff and advise/supervise other planning technicians as appropriate.
- MUST have experience in validation of Planning and Building Control applications
- Experience working as a Planning Technician in a Local Authority
- Understanding of the administrative aspect of Planning/Building control
- Experience of working within the UK Building and Construction industry.
- Educated to at least GCSE Level in Maths and English (or relevant equivalent experience).
To discuss the Planning Technician vacancy, or any similar vacancies we have available in South West London, please contact Ollie Melton, or email your updated CV today!
Apply for Planning Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly