Building and Construction - North London
My client, a North London based Local Authority are looking for a Development Manager to join their team in the Building and Construction industry. The Housing Development & Regeneration Team contributes to the strategic development of the Council's HRA portfolio and takes the lead on borough wide estate regeneration projects and programmes. The team is responsible for driving the corporate regeneration programme by identifying and working up project opportunities that meet the Council's vision and values and deliver the required outputs. Such schemes may individually extend to developed values of well over £100m per project.
* The Development Manager (Estate Regeneration) will lead development on specific schemes within the Council's estate regeneration programme. These will deliver over 5,000 homes, community, education and retail provision that will support delivery of the Council's objectives to deliver over 10,000 new homes and over 3,000 jobs. Additionally the role will lend expertise to the delivery of future estate regeneration projects and programmes.
* The Regeneration Manager will be specifically responsible for project management delivery of a number of projects that include co-ordination of land assembly, scheme development, and delivery of community facilities to ensure wider regeneration and socio-economic development outcomes including leading on the delivery of the apprenticeship and training opportunities.
* The role will build and develop key strategic partnerships at a senior level, including but not limited to Government departments, GLA, TfL, Environment Agency, landowners and developers to maximise and secure sustainable delivery. Liaising closely with our developer partners to ensure compliance with legal documents including section 106 and Development agreements across projects.
* The postholder will lead commissioning of appropriate internal and external technical and specialist resources required to enable delivery of the various projects.
* The Development Manager (Estate Regeneration) will contribute to the involvement of residents and the residents' association in the development process by leading and managing consultation; communication and design involvement. In addition the postholder will have an overview of ensuring existing and potential retailers are suitably managed to ensure e.g. that possession of existing units is obtained and new providers identified.
To discuss the Development Manager vacancy, or any similar Building and Construction vacancies we have available in North London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today!