Residential Acquisitions Surveyor
Residential Acquisitions Surveyor
Building and Construction - London
My client, a London based Local Authority are looking for a Residential Acquisitions Surveyor to join their team within the Building and Construction industry. The Residential Acquisitions Surveyor vacancy will be for an initial 6-12 months with the potential for extension based on performance and internal circumstances.
Duties for the Residential Acquisitions Surveyor:
- To lead on the negotiating of residential property acquisitions on behalf of the Council.
- To manage the outsourced residential valuation services contract and to ensure that KPIs and general performance is kept under review.
- To take the lead role to identify acquisition options, negotiate heads of terms and recommend individual and block property acquisitions to the Head of Asset Management.
- Ensure best value is achieved in property transactions in line with the council and government policy
- To take responsibility for maintaining property records are ensure these are kept up to date and amended on completion of transactions
- Provide advice on property matters including property ownership and leasehold obligations to tenants, customers, colleagues and clients
- To manage a delegated budget on behalf of the Housing Revenue Account to ensure that the HRA Assets are maintained to an appropriate standard.
- Preparing reports for decision making at senior management level, for committees and Cabinet meetings ensuring language is clear and understandable to all potential readers
- Be responsible for Instructing external professional firms to carry out valuations in the above areas in complex or specialist situations
- To act as an expert witness on behalf of the Council in matters that may be litigious or contentious.
- Procure external firms and consultants in line with Council procedures and ensure that the relevant processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- To arrange and hold progress meetings with clients to ensure compliance of instructions
- Instruct and monitor the performance of internal and external solicitors, surveyors and other professional advisors and to agree performance related fees; review overall performance and agree targets for improvement.
- Provide professional advice to members, the Asset Management Working Group, Asset Management Board, Senior Management and officers of the Council and to the general public.
- To work to the agreed standards for approving valuations within the team and where appropriate ensure compliance with the RICS appraisal and valuation manual.
- Use professional knowledge and experience to identify innovative proposals for development and use of the Council's assets in support of Mayoral objectives, including private public partnerships.
- To ensure that all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with all Council's Policies and Procedures including Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Personnel Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Policy etc.
- To ensure that all instructions are monitored and delivered on time, budget and to agreed quality and to ensure that client departments are satisfied with the service they receive, in line with agreed protocols.
To discuss the Residential Acquisitions Surveyor vacancy, or any similar building construction vacancies we currently have available within the building and construction industry in London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.