Senior Planner – Development Control
Salary up to £46,967 (including a salary supplement) + Full benefits package + relocation package
With an annual spend of £130 million per year and a large number of exciting projects in the pipeline, Southend Borough Council are looking for a Senior Planner to join their successful Development Control Team. This position comes with an exceptional benefits package, to include free parking, competitive salary, pension and a clear progression path.
Southend on Sea is only 40 minutes from the City of London, and has two mainline railway stations. Property prices, and rental costs, are far lower than they are in London, and we enjoy seven miles of beaches, and a fantastic International airport.
- Assisting junior members of staff with their applications and development
- Provide pre-application advice and guidance to internal and external customers
- The processing of planning related applications and appeals, including those for the most complex major developments
- Conducting site visits
- Attending Development Control Committee meetings
- An in-depth knowledge of planning polices and legislation
- Experience of dealing with major and complex planning applications
- Degree in town or urban planning, geography or similar
- Membership of the RTPI desirable
- Ability to organise and manage own workload to deadlines
- Full driving licence required
- Experience of managing and supervising staff is desirable
To apply for the above post, or to request a full job specification, please send your CV or enquiry to Maria.Griffin@reedglobal.com. For an informal conversation regarding the above vacancy, please contact Kevin Waters, Planning and Building Control Group Manager on 01702 215301.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit