Senior Planner - Consents
- Two newly created positions (Senior and Intermediate)
- Fastest growing council in NZ
- Exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and progressive team
Queenstown is viewed as one of the most beautiful and unique districts in New Zealand and is currently experiencing a high growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results driven professionals like you!
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 350 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $550m over ten years, we are a major part of the Districts’ economy.
Senior Planner (Resource Consents) is responsible for :
- Processing Resource Consent applications, formulating and documenting sound decisions in relation to these applications within the parameters of the Resource Management Act and District Plans.
- Preparing reports on particular planning issues
- Preparing and presenting evidence for Council, mediation and Environment Court hearings.
- Accurate and timely record keeping in relation to responsibilities
- Ensuring a high standard of customer interface in response to all forms of enquiry.
- Tertiary Degree qualification in Planning or related discipline
- Min 5yrs experience of practical application and knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 and allied legislation.
- A “Can do” and outcome focused attitude
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted Health and Fitness Club rates at our great facilities
- Company Social Club
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
To learn more about the Queenstown region, please visit https://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/.
Register your interest by contacting Malissa O'Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0064-21-078-2963. Alternatively please visit www.eqconsultants.co.nz or Seek.co.nz and search 'Queenstown Lakes District Council'.