AECOM Planning Consultants
Town Planning in AECOM
AECOM is a top ten UK Planning consultancy by size, employing around 70 Chartered or Licentiate Planners, practicing in all areas of the discipline. Working as a planning consultant within AECOM means access to some of the most high profile and prestigious development projects in the UK, working with colleagues operating at the cutting edge of their disciplines as part of the largest UK environmental consultancy.
To help deliver recent major project wins, AECOM is recruiting Planning Consultants at Associate, Principal, Senior, Consultant and Graduate level to join our busy Environment and Planning business. As part of a global network of experts, you will work with clients, communities and colleagues to deliver infrastructure projects vital to the national economy.
Successful candidates will be able to work on a range of prestigious infrastructure projects in the rail, road, airport, power, water & waste water and waste management development sectors, as well as a range of regional / local developments. You will be joining a great team, have an interesting and diverse workload and be given the opportunity to make the most of your abilities.
- Leeds, Chesterfield, Birmingham, London – an experienced Principal or Associate Planner to join our established infrastructure planning team and lead on major development projects.
- Basingstoke, London – a Consultant or Senior Planner with development management experience to help manage infrastructure development projects.
- Plymouth, Bristol – A Senior or Principal Environmental Planner to lead a wide range of EIA and planning work.
- Edinburgh – A Senior Planner with development management experience to support a wide range of planning, EIA and community engagement projects.
- Basingstoke – a Graduate Planner, interested in working on planning consents for major infrastructure.
The management and successful delivery of projects, including leading development projects through the consenting process.
Depending on grade, a supporting or leading role in the management and development of the Environment and Planning business, including generating opportunities and winning new business.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Strong technical development planning knowledge and a working knowledge of EIA.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, commercial awareness and the confidence, ability and experience to provide clear, authoritative advice.
- For the more senior appointments we are looking for individuals with previous staff management experience and a background in project direction/management (including financial management) along with a successful track record as a business developer.
- Experience of the development consenting procedures under the Planning Act 2008 and the Transport and Works Act 1992 would be an advantage for the England-based roles.
RTPI-accredited first or second degree in environmental or town planning*.
Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional organisation*.
Chartered Environmentalist status would be beneficial for the Plymouth role.
*Applicants for the Graduate position should have or be working towards an RTPI-accredited degree with the objective of achieving Chartered Membership through the Licentiate Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If the above roles sound of interest please click the apply link below to apply