Principal Planning Officer
Principal Planning Officer
Building and Construction - South London
My client, a South London based Local Authority are currently recruiting for a Principal Planning Officer to join their team within the Building and Construction industry. This role will be within the public sector. The suitable candidate for the role will be responsible for managing and achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets. Candidates will also have a proven record of being responsible for their own caseload of planning applications and related matters.
The Principal Planning Officer vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Principal Planning Officer role will be:
- To take a lead role for the Council, in its role as Local Planning Authority, with its statutory duties in respect of the control of development.
- To manage and motivate a planning application team created in association with a specific area or site specific planning and regeneration projects or programs and ensure compliance with performance targets.
- Taking decisions for the Council under the Assistant Director's delegated powers in respect of determining planning applications for up to 10 residential units and 1000sq.m of commercial development, householder planning applications, applications for Certificates of Lawful Development, vehicular accesses, shop fronts, shop advertisements and applications for works to trees, or such other applications as may be required by the Assistant Director.
- Manage a team to meet the objectives of the Planning Decisions Team Service in maintaining, regenerating and improving the environment of the Borough by the implementation of the Council's Unitary Development Plan, the Core Strategy of the Local Development Framework, the Mayor's London Plan and other, planning policies.
- Direct a team of planning officers in meeting the objectives of the Planning Decisions team in providing an efficient, effective and good value service.
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect)
- 5 years' experience working within the UK Building and Construction industry
- At least 2 years' experience as a Senior/Principal
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Principal Planning Officer vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have available in South London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.