Senior Planning Officer
Senior Planning Officer
Building and Construction - Berkshire
My client, a Berkshire-based Local Authority is looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join their team within the Building and Construction industry. This role will be within the public sector. The suitable candidate for the role will be responsible for managing and achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets. Candidates will also have a proven record of being responsible for their own caseload of planning applications and related matters.
The Senior Planning Officer vacancy in AREA will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Senior Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications, including high-complexity cases
- Supervision of Planning Officers and other members of the team
- To lead the preparation of evidence and act on behalf of the Council as the expert planning witness in planning appeals. This is including public inquiries, hearings, public examinations and high court proceedings
- Conduct site visits, potentially unaccompanied
- Taking responsibility for resolving high-complexity strategic planning projects, planning applications and development consent orders, managing projects through the process of conception through to conclusion
- To prepare reports and deliver presentations on planning issues associated with highly complex development projects and proposals
- Maintain electronic application files by scanning and indexing plans and correspondence
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect)
- 2-4 years' experience working within the UK Building and Construction industry
- At least 2 years' experience as a Planning Officer
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Town Planning jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss the Senior Planning Officer vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Berkshire, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.