Policy Planner/Senior/Principal @ London Consultancy
We are working on behalf of an innovative and successful planning consultancy based in central London, which specialises in strategic and community planning and urban design, working on a wide range of public and private sector planning, development, and design related assignments across the UK. The consultancy works on a wide range of projects including the preparation of neighbourhood plans, local plans, scenario planning, community engagement, development site promotion, site appraisals, planning applications, the use of development visualisation tools and the preparation of economic viability evidence. Our client also regularly collaborates with other consultancies on projects.
Our client is looking for a Policy Planner or Senior Policy Planner or Principal Policy Planner or Associate Policy Planner to assist in managing new and existing work and helping to continue growing the company. We are particularly interested in hearing from entrepreneurial candidates with technical skills or strong communication skills to work with existing and potential clients.
- Experience of presenting to Council Members and the Public
- Preparing for and appearing at Local Plan EiPs or Planning Appeals
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of using Microsoft office, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience of managing planning policy projects
- Key client contact for a variety of projects
- Representing the company at a range of meetings and events
- Working on complex projects to an agreed brief and deadlines
- Undertake site visits
- Provision of professional advice (in writing and verbally) directly to clients in consultation
- Able to communicate effectively with client contacts and external bodies/authorities/ consultants in respect of project working as required
- 3+ years policy planning experience
- Ideally MRTPI
- Private sector or Public Sector Experience
- Good professional writing skills
- Experience of managing a team and working in a fast paced environment
- A willingness and ability to work independently and in a small yet growing team environment
Our client are offering a very competitive basic salary circa £30,000 to £42,000+ (depending on experience) plus a bonus, but would consider more for the right person.
Please submit CV's to Henry @osbornerichardson.com or call 0207 291 1148 to discuss.