Planning Policy Officer
Planning Policy Officer
Public Sector and Government - East Midlands
My client, an East Midlands based Local Authority are looking for a Planning Policy Officer to join their team within the Public Sector and Government industry. The suitable candidate for the Planning Policy Officer role will be responsible for achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets.
The Planning Policy Officer vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties of the role:
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Carry out research into a various topics as part of your work on the preparation of the local plan and any other policy documents
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan, supplementary planning documents and papers, and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and members
- Assist and oversee the production of documents making up the local plan
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the council's cases at examinations
- To monitor Planning Policy budgets where necessary
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents
- Conduct member briefings
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Public Sector and Government industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Town Planning jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Planning Policy Officer vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have available in East Midlands, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.
Apply for Planning Policy Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly