Building and Construction - West Midlands
My client, an West Midlands based local authority are looking for a Planning Officer to join their team in the building and Construction industry. The suitable candidate for the role will be responsible for achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets. Candidates will also have a proven record of being responsible for their own caseload of planning applications and related matters.
The Planning Officer vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- The processing of planning and related applications, including giving advice on their submission
- Conduct site visits
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents and members of the public.
- Provide statistical and performance information, letters and reports in connection with the planning application process
- Maintain electronic application files by scanning and indexing plans and correspondence
- Representing the council at committee when required
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Building and Construction industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Planning Officer vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have in and around the West Midlands, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.