Transport and Rail - South West London
My client, a South West London based local authority are looking for a Transport Planner to join their team in the Transport and Rail industry. The suitable candidate for the role will be responsible for achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets. Candidates will also have a proven record of being responsible for their own caseload of planning applications and related matters.
The Transport Planner vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Transport Planner role will be:
- To undertake a full range of transport strategy work under supervision including the development and review of specialist transport strategy areas, to include public transport initiatives, travel awareness, including walking and cycling and major infrastructure schemes, working to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is consistent with meeting corporate targets and objectives.
- To liaise with TfL on the preparation of the local Implementation Plan and the annual funding submission.
- To provide pre-application advice, the input of transport strategy and traffic engineering advice to straightforward planning applications, working to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is consistent with meeting corporate targets and objectives.
- To work under supervision to assess, engage and set out clear and robust transport strategy formulation in an accurate, well written officer report based on an up-to-date and relevant evidence base.
- To obtain an up-to-date knowledge of national and regional policy and relevant legislation and to take a proactive approach to relevant changes in legislation.
- That you assist in identifying issues and proposing improvements and creative solutions within the context of current and future service requirements in order to continually deliver high quality, customer focused planning services to managers and our full range of customers.
- To ensure that all transport strategy formulation is undertaken with due regard to the Councils' corporate objectives.
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Transport and Rail industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Transport Planner vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have in and around South West London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.
Apply for Transport Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly