Principal Transport Planner
Principal Transport Planner
Transport and Rail - South West London
My client, a South West London based local authority are looking for a Principal Transport Planner to join their team in the Transport and Rail industry. Candidates will be required to deliver high quality, robust and transparent decision making within tight time frames on transportation matters to ensure that the Planning and Transport Division is recognised as delivering an excellent service for all of our customers.
The Principal Transport Planner vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Principal Transport Planner role will be:
- To work as a lead officer and independently from the Transport Strategy Team Manager and take personal responsibility for a full range of transport strategy work including the development and review of specialist transport strategy areas.
- To liaise with TfL on the preparation of the Local Implementation Plan and the annual funding submission.
- To provide the first point of contact with external Transport organisations to take forward major transport initiatives, including TfL, Network Rail, Department for Transport and the various public transport operators.
- To provide pre-application advice, the input of transport strategy and traffic engineering advice to complex and high profile planning applications, working to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is consistent with meeting corporate targets and objectives.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and to take a proactive approach to relevant changes in legislation and updating all staff on those changes and also recommending these to the Transport Strategy Team Manager and implementing revised procedures and practices.
- That you are proactive in identifying issues and proposing improvements and creative solutions within the context of current and future service requirements in order to continually deliver high quality, customer focused planning services to managers and our full range of customers.
- To ensure that all transport strategy formulation is undertaken with due regard to the Councils' corporate objectives.
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Transport and Rail industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Principal Transport Planner vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have in and around South West London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.