Environmental Health Officer
To carry out the full range of duties of an Environmental Health Officer from basic investigations/ inspections to the most complex cases in relation to the assigned work team/work area - namely Commercial, Residential, Licensing and Enforcement, and Environmental Quality and Growth
* Inspect the district to which s/he is assigned to keep informed of the environmental health circumstances therein; analysis of complex areas of work, problem solve, make complex decisions and to take appropriate action and to liaise with the EHO's/TO's in other teams/work areas as necessary.
* Prepare and then undertake an annual programme of work in liaison with the relevant line manager. All work to be carried out in accordance with the service standards and quality criteria set by the service. To update and review the accuracy of the Service's database as often as necessary
* Record details of all visits and action taken in accordance with service policy and procedures by manual or electronic means, in particular to maintain all necessary statutory records.
* Ensure all work required by informal or formal action is in accordance with legislative standards and service policy and is followed up to completion.
* Take decisions as to what is the most appropriate enforcement action and proceed with that action including the use of informal letters and notices, statutory notices, and, after consultation with the Team Manager, make recommendations to the Environmental Health Manager with regard to potential cautions and prosecutions. Conform to the Council's Enforcement Policy and the and departmental procedures
* Prepare reports, statements of evidence and attend court, public enquiries and committees as necessary.
* Lead on projects which will deliver longer term solutions to ensure that the service is being cost effective as directed by the manage
* Experience of dealing with the public
* Local government experience and/or relevant Environmental Health work experience
* Comfortable with the use of ICT in general. Familiarity with current Environmental Health legislation
* Familiarity with MVM products or other similar computer software
* A Diploma or Degree in Environmental Health. Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Registration Board/a relevant post graduate qualification