1 day left
Building and Construction - Tyne and Wear
My client, a Tyne and Wear based local authority are looking for a Planning Assistant to join their team in the building and Construction industry. The suitable candidate for the role will be responsible for achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets. Candidates will also have a proven record of being responsible for their own caseload of planning applications and related matters.
The Planning Assistant vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Duties for the Planning Assistant role will be:
- Support management in addressing new planning legislation and guidance affecting the work of the service.
- Deal with complex and potentially contentious enquiries, in writing, over the telephone and face to face.
- Deal with the investigation of breaches of planning control and recommend actions to resolve.
- Prepare local development documents, guidance and development briefs.
- Deal with all aspects of Appeals including the provision of support at Public Inquiries as required.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and quality control for lower graded Planning Assistants.
Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Building and Construction industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Planning Assistant vacancy, or any similar vacancies we currently have in and around Tyne and Wear, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.
Apply for Planning Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly