Senior Planning Officer
Senior Planning Officer
- £25,951 - £32,486
- Permanent positions working 36.5 hours per week
Birmingham is changing….and fast! The second city is booming, with a whole range of ambitious new development and regeneration initiatives. Are you interested in helping to shape our city for future generations?
We are looking to appoint to a range of positions within the Planning and Development department. You will be working for one of the country’s largest planning authorities within a can-do Directorate that combines a range of service areas, all co-located in modern offices in the city centre.
You will have the opportunity to help deliver the City Council’s growth plans, which comprise:
- the development of 51,000 new homes, including a sustainable urban extension of 6,000 homes
- major retail, office and leisure space, including the £1bn Birmingham Smithfield city centre redevelopment
- the award winning Birmingham Municipal Housing Trust which is our housing delivery vehicle that has built over 2,000 new homes since 2009
- and £4bn of infrastructure projects, including the extension of the Midland Metro tram system and the High Speed 2 railway network.
The Senior Planning Officer is a flexible role working within one of the following functions; Planning Management or Development Planning.
The role provides the opportunity to contribute to a range of initiatives including statutory and non-statutory frameworks and plans; the determination of a diverse portfolio of planning applications and appeals; and the implementation of projects and development schemes.
You will need to hold a degree in Planning or a related discipline and as a preference be Eligible for Licentiate Membership of RTPI.
If you are passionate about delivering transformation change and securing the highest quality of development we want to hear from you.
For informal enquiries regarding the Senior Planning Officer positions please contact:
Doug Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 464 9858
To make an application now, click on the Apply link below.
Closing date: 26th January 2018
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.