Associate Town Planner
We understand that it’s the people that make the projects therefore we’re currently recruiting for a variety of new roles within this expanding team. From working alongside our multidisciplinary team to running your own projects, we have several opportunities available. Are you ready for the challenge?
Offering high quality planning advice to a range of major infrastructure projects within the UK, our planning team is growing and we’re looking for innovative, dynamic town planners to join them. We have roles in our Croydon, Leeds, Altrincham or Fleet Place (London) offices.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the role – is this the right move for you?
We believe that collaboration between colleagues and clients is vital. You will work within the Environment Division to grow and develop business, provide high level oversight and technical expertise to our large projects, and mentor and train other team members. We have many exciting projects and opportunities that we need the right town planners for, including major infrastructure schemes. With a range of interesting and exciting projects in the pipeline including large infrastructure schemes, it is vital that we have the right people on our team.
Our clients include national and local government, health and education authorities, transport operators, utilities, developers, and non-governmental organisations.
From the moment you join us, you will be provided with the support and expertise to follow your desired career path and drive innovative solutions. You’ll be joining qualified and chartered town planners located around the UK. Our planners are focused on ensuring that we are managing and minimising planning and environmental risks for our clients and their development programmes.
We are looking for highly experienced town planners that have an excellent track record in the consultancy environment, are recognised as technical experts, and who want to lead on major schemes.
Candidate specification – have you got what it takes?
We’re looking for individuals with passion and enthusiasm, individuals that are ready to make an impact. It is important that you have a good client and business development focus as well as previous experience working in a consultancy environment.
You’ll also need to have:
• A minimum of two - three years post-graduate experience
• An RTPI accredited town planning degree or equivalent
• An aim of working towards chartership with the RTPI
• A good knowledge and understanding of planning and EIA legislation, and the regulatory framework
• A Flexible approach to working and geographic location
• Previous experience in, or interest in, working on infrastructure and environmental projects
• A full clean driving licence
We’re looking for individuals with passion and enthusiasm, individuals that are ready to make an impact. It is important that you have a excellent client and business development focus as well as previous experience working in a consultancy environment and mentoring other members of staff.
You’ll also need to have:
• RTPI accredited Town Planning degree or equivalent
• Chartered with the RTPI
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of planning and EIA legislation, and ideally experience with the Highways Act 1980, DCO's, TWAO's, and Hybrid Bill process
• A track record of business development
• Flexible approach to working and geographic location
• Previous experience in leading and managing infrastructure and environmental projects
• Full clean driving licence
• Experience in project management of large projects
Apply for Associate Town Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly