Head of Neighbourhood Planning and Housing
Salary: £49,500 - £53,000 per annum (NB this includes £3,500 for London Weighting, where applicable).
Closing date: 05/02/2018 at 12.00pm | Location: Flexible, the post requires extensive travel across England, with attendance in London at least twice a week
Locality is the national network of ambitious and enterprising community-led organisations, working together to help neighbourhoods thrive. We support organisations and individuals to make a positive, lasting difference to their communities – and the people who live in them.
On behalf of the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) we deliver a multi-million pound Neighbourhood Planning programme. We are developing our work with Community Led Housing and run a number of smaller programmes to support communities develop housing to meet local need.
Over the past 5 years, both Neighbourhood Planning and Housing have become really important areas of our work. We are committed to ensuring that communities are supported to achieve their ambitions in the most effective and accessible way.
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational leader who will continue to develop this important area of work.
As Head of Neighbourhood Planning and Housing you will:
- Oversee the delivery of a complex multi-million pound contract
- Raise Locality’s profile in the arena of Housing & Planning
- Manage and develop complex relationships with Funders and Government
- Secure new income to develop further work in Housing and Planning
- Support Locality’s work helping communities to transform and develop their neighbourhoods
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation.
You will need:
- The ability to inspire and motivate people
- The ability to identify and develop new opportunities and secure new contracts
- Experience of working at senior level and managing complex programmes
- Excellent financial management skills
- An ability to contribute to strategic planning.