Senior Planning Officers (4 posts)
Is it time for a change? Are you looking for the opportunity to rise to new challenges and really influence how our communities develop?
The 'Heart of Suffolk' is blessed with a beautiful, natural environment and vibrant communities. Our modern offices are conveniently located and offer great transport connections to Cambridge, Norwich and London. If you are looking for that ideal work life balance, then we are the right organisation for you.
Want to be part of a great team?
We have adjusted our structures to allow us to deliver an ambitious, new Joint Local Plan and to play our full part in a whole Suffolk based approach to creating inclusive growth and this has created the opportunity for internal promotions.
We are now seeking motivated and talented people who care about the future of our communities and have the desire and skills to balance the need for growth whilst preserving what is unique about our district to join our team.
We are looking for candidates with either a general degree with some planning / community experience or who have a masters degree and can bring a wealth of relevant experience with them. What will be expected of you? The job is varied and comprises different elements which include (but are not limited to):
* the planning decision-making process, reflecting the unique nature of the districts and how we work with our communities
* ensuring that we continue to improve the quality of new development being built locally, in terms of design and sustainability, as well as the opportunities we take to deliver improvements to infrastructure and facilities of benefit to local communities
* providing expert advice on all planning and associated matters in committee and appeal settings, and represent both councils at a parish and town council level on the implementation of spatial planning decision-making and development management
* the opportunity to help bring forward strategic and other significant sites which will help us to deliver inclusive growth
* to actively support and drive corporate and service improvement projects as part of the ongoing transformation programme.
* support and funding towards professional qualifications
* a career path within our development management service
* the opportunity to really influence how our communities develop
* mentoring and learning from experienced team members.
We also offer flexible working options, generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, essential car allowance and a pension scheme.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
For an informal discussion about these roles, please contact one of our team members:
* Gemma Pannell via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01449) 724992
* Steven Stroud via email: email@example.com or call (01449) 724884.
If you are interested in learning more about these exciting and rewarding opportunities, please visit our career pages on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk district Councils' website: www.babergh.gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 28 February 2018.