IT Support Officer - Town Planning
A London Borough has an opportunity for an IT Support Officer to join their Town Planning and Information team on a contract / temp basis, with the opportunity to be a long-term appointment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and development of the use of the Service's information technology systems that aid the Council's processing of planning applications, enforcement and appeals work, document management and forward planning functions;
- Extending the use of the system and related workflow processes within Planning plus training users.
- Liaison with different user groups;
- Creating user reports based on the Planning database;
- Communicating regularly with the software suppliers re errors and proposed system enhancements;
- Supporting and developing the Council's Planning Web pages;
- Assisting in the evaluation and testing of new Planning, Building Control, and Land Charges software.
- Knowledge of Planning processes and software, ideally Northgate (MVM) M3 suite of Planning, Building Control and Land Charges software;
- GIS products preferably MapInfo and/or QGIS;
- Crystal Reports;
- Experience with web technology;
- Being able to communicate well with both planning professionals and IT specialists;
If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV to If you prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail please feel free to call me on 0207 960 2589.