Planners – Planning Policy
Planners – Planning Policy (1 permanent role and 1 three year fixed-term role)
Salary up to £40,444 (including market supplement) + full benefits + relocation package
With large number of exciting projects in the pipeline, including a comprehensive review of its Local Plan, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is looking for two qualified and motivated Policy Planners to work within our progressive and expanding Strategic Planning Team.
These newly created positions come with an exceptional benefits package to include free parking, competitive salary, local government pension and a clear path for progression.
Southend-on-Sea has a strong record in delivering new planning policy documents, is only 40 minutes from the City of London and has two mainline railway lines. Property prices and rental costs are far lower than they are in London, and we enjoy seven miles of beaches and a fantastic International airport.
- Playing an important role in shaping the future of Southend as we embark on preparing a new Local Plan.
- Working with neighbouring authorities on a number of exciting projects in the wider area.
- Contributing to evidence based documents and working with consultants to deliver projects.
- Assisting with planning policy formulation and responding to representations.
- Conducting site visits.
- Preparing responses to a wide range of consultations.
- Degree in town or urban planning, geography or similar.
- Experience of contributing to planning policy and evidence based documents.
- Knowledge of planning policy preparation and the associated legislation.
- Ability to organise and manage own workload to deadlines.
- Eligibility for membership of the RTPI is desirable.
To apply for the above posts, or to request a full job specification, please send your CV or enquiry to Maria.Griffin@reedglobal.com. For an informal conversation regarding the vacancies, please contact Kevin Waters, Group Manager - Planning and Building Control on 01702 215301.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Apply for Planners – Planning Policy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly