What does the Planning Manager role entail?
- Carrying out desktop and on-site appraisals to identify development and re-development opportunities
- Providing professional planning advice and recommendations
- Submitting pre-applications to local authorities
- Preparing the necessary submissions in order to submit valid planning applications on behalf of clients and managing the process through to determination, including presentation at local authority planning committee hearings and if then required - an appeal process
- Submission of; S78, listed building consent, conservation area consent, agricultural prior notification, prior approvals, certificates of lawfulness applications
- Preparing development plan representations and subsequent monitoring progress of sites through the development plan process
- Liaison with all stakeholders in the planning and development process
- Identifying opportunities, organising and participating in community engagement events, and building relationships with other professionals and stakeholders in the planning application process
What is the client looking for?
The Planning Manager will be personable with good communication skills, enthusiastic and motivated. You will be commercially focused, a good negotiator and able to work to achieve high professional standards for both clients and colleagues.
Our client’s existing team of surveyors and planners will offer full support where needed but the Planning Manager will be expected to work using your initiative individually and as part of a team.
As your career progresses, so will the responsibility for clients and the type of work carried out. The ideal candidate will need to be ambitious as the role has been created with progression to Partner level in mind.
I’m interested, what’s the next step?
To register your interest for this position, please send an updated copy of your CV to Jon Taylor via the apply button below. The client is looking to make a hire within the next 4 weeks so please do get in touch sooner rather than later to avoid missing out on the opportunity.
Jon Taylor – JTA – 01792 484 444
Apply for Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly