Garden Village Programme Manager
Are you up for the challenge of helping West Oxfordshire District Council shape and deliver a new Garden Village. The exciting Oxfordshire Cotswolds Garden Village proposal is part of the Government’s Garden Village Programme. Can you help deliver an innovative new 21st Century community providing new jobs and homes whilst protecting the environment and bringing forward the necessary infrastructure?
If so, Publica is seeking to fill an important role that is part of a supportive and high performing team planning the future of a beautiful part of the country.
- Lead a cross functional team/ virtual team of Publica/ Oxfordshire County Council staff and consultants to help deliver the garden village
- Manage an integrated delivery programme including the development of the masterplan/ development framework and the infrastructure delivery plan
- Maintain strategic relationships with key partners/ stakeholders
- Develop a communications/ engagement strategy in order to effectively engage with the local community
- Establish and support governance and delivery arrangements
- Manage projects in the delivery programme
- Promote the Garden Village as an exemplar development
- A relevant degree or diploma in Town and Country Planning, or other relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in planning, regeneration or economic development including the successful delivery of major projects and/or programmes
- Substantial experience in community and stakeholder engagement, including presenting and facilitating at public meetings/ workshops
- Proven supervisory experience including experience in developing staff
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in the design and delivery of new strategic development areas, including the application of Garden City/Village principles
- Good understanding of the development process, including the planning process and the principles of development viability
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of MS applications
- (Qualification/eligibility for) Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or similar professional body
- Knowledge of modernising agenda for local government
- Experience of dealing with a changing working environment
The successful applicant will have the skills to develop a comprehensive long term vision for this new garden community. They will have high level influencing and negotiating skills to work effectively with stakeholders. They will also need the ability to plan and manage a complex and demanding work programme, across a virtual team, using consultants for specialist tasks. They will need to travel and have access to a car; applications for part-time work and job share are welcome.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'
Closing date: 22nd April
Interview date: 1st May 2018
Four partner Councils Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services.
West Oxfordshire District Council offers the opportunity to work within one of the most beautiful parts of the country with over 3,200 listed buildings, multiple Conservation Areas, a World Heritage site, Green Belt, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a proposed Garden Village.
We are based in the historic and vibrant market town of Witney which offers a good range of quality services and facilities and affords easy access to Oxford, London and the South-East. You would be joining a high performing, supportive team dealing with all aspects of processing planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents, Councillors and members of the public. You will have or be studying for a degree or diploma in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline; however candidates with suitable alternative experience in a related role will also be considered. The starting salary will be dependent upon your qualifications and experience.
Four partner Councils: Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver improved services. In November 2017, employees from Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, transferred into Publica although they continue to provide services for local residents. The Councils continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions.