Principal Planner (Development Management) x 2 Posts
Who are we?
Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Councils are neighbouring Authorities in north Worcestershire located south of Birmingham and north of Worcester. The Development Management team is a shared planning service between the two Authorities, with Bromsgrove District Council as the host.
What do we want you to do?
You will deal with a varied and interesting caseload of predominantly major schemes, drawing upon your extensive experience of delivering and managing a wide range of applications and projects. You will provide leadership and direction to our Planning Officers and Planning Assistants to ensure the delivery of the Council’s objectives, including the planning growth proposed in our adopted Local Plans. The posts offer the opportunity to shape the planning service at a senior level and help us to protect and enhance an environment of both intense Green Belt pressure and a traditional manufacturing landscape.
Why should you join us?
To improve and build upon your planning experience within a supportive and progressive unit, whilst being part of an ongoing period of transition and challenge for our busy department. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that consistently delivers high quality development and outstanding standards of customer service.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Full payment of RTPI subscription fees
- The certainty of two adopted Local Plans (January 2017) in Development Management decision-making
- Free and secure staff parking at both the Redditch and Bromsgrove headquarters
- Smart, modern offices in Redditch Town Centre located within walking distance to bus and train stations and major retailers
- Opportunity to undertake home working, with supplied IT equipment and dedicated IT assistance
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after five years local government service plus statutory holidays and one fixed day per annum
- Flexible working hours and the operation of a flexi-system of up to 2 days off per months
- Concessionary rates for the use of leisure facilities in Bromsgrove and Redditch
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Use of 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme offering free legal and personal advice
Want more information?
Please contact Dale Birch, Development Management Manager, on 01527 881341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details of the posts and to apply, please click on the apply now button.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is midnight on Monday 7 May 2018. The interviews will be held on Wednesday 16 May 2018 (alternative dates can be made available if requested).