Planner / Senior Planner
Our client is a well-established and highly respected consultancy with a long history of delivering town planning solutions for a range of schemes including windfarms, electricity transmission infrastructure, property, transport, minerals, waste and water.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to appoint a Planner or Senior Planner to support the team in Edinburgh or Glasgow and the wider UK town planning team. The ideal candidate will have previous town planning or environmental planning experience (ideally within a consultancy environment) and be familiar with the UK planning process.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of planning applications and appraisals, appeals and report
- Provide supervision to more junior staff and assist in their professional development
- Assist with and liaise with environmental specialists within the team
- Support project management activities, including programme management and budget control
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant first and/ or second degree (e.g. Environmental Science/ Town Planning)
- Membership of a relevant body (e.g. RTPI) is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment or developer/ operator
- Sound knowledge of UK planning policy
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
This offers a fantastic opportunity to take your career to the next level working within a supportive team environment with lots of opportunities to develop your technical and project delivery skills.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com