As Scotland’s leading independent property consultancy, Galbraith provides a full range of services across the residential, commercial, rural, forestry and energy sectors.
An attractive opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Planner to join our Commercial team in Edinburgh. The overall purpose of the role will be to support the Senior Planner to take forward a diverse portfolio of projects including residential, commercial and renewable energy schemes. They will be responsible for the preparation of planning applications and development plan representations and the identification of new development opportunities for clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and knowledge.
The essential qualities and experience of the successful candidate must include:
- a degree in Town Planning or other related discipline and should be working towards achieving Chartered planner status
- a minimum of one years’ planning experience either within Local Authority or Consultancy environment
- genuine ambition and enthusiasm
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a self-starter with the capability to work using own initiative
- ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner
- a team player
- extremely organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently
- high level of computer literacy (GIS skills and the capability to produce map-based drawings are particularly sought after)
- working knowledge of the planning system, covering both development management and planning policy
- full UK driving licence and own car is essential as the role will involve travel
Mentoring and support will be given to the successful candidate throughout the APC process and there are excellent career progression opportunities thereafter.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Apply for Assistant Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly