The purpose of the role is to join the Planning and Development Team to deliver professional planning and development advice to a variety of commercial, private, and public sector clients across Gloucestershire, the Midlands and the South West.
We are looking for applications from qualified planners who are at the stage in their career where they are looking to progress in a role delivering high quality planning advice.
The role requires you to have had experience of providing planning advice either in the public or private sector, but with a clear understanding of commercial matters.
The Planning and Development Team focuses on residential land development covering both small and large scale schemes both greenfield and regeneration. Experience of the following will be advantageous; preparation of planning applications; progression of appeals; knowledge of enforcement proceedings; and an understanding of Development Plan Preparation.
The ideal candidate will be a Full Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Commercially minded individual who has experience or can adapt to private practice.
- Team player keen to be involved with all types of property and professional skills.
- Pro-active attitude with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- Good time management skills, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports.
- Desire and ability to develop existing and new clients.
- Supporting the team in providing high quality planning consultancy advice to a wide range of clients.
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of Planning Applications, to include liaising with sub-consultants, local planning authority officers and other statutory bodies.
- Preparation and submission of Appeals, to include Written Representation, Informal Hearings and Public Inquiries.
- Dealing with Enforcement proceedings.
- Monitoring Development Plans and making the appropriate development plan representations, to include attendance and Examination if required.