We are excited to be advertising for this new role which is fundamental to the council’s future growth agenda. All of our members agree growth and development is a key priority for the council and for Boston.
The council has a positive approach to welcoming new and large developments. We may be a small council but we are ambitious about our potential.
We are approaching the adoption of our Local Plan, which will set the pace for future development in the borough.
This new appointment will be high-profile, reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Executive and working closely with senior elected members and our Corporate Management Team.
In this role we are looking for someone who will:
- Develop relationships with agents and developers and forge links to boost our growth;
- Harness the potential of our policy planning and development management teams to direct our energies in key areas;
- Ensure high quality and sustainable development;
- Engage effectively with the Greater Lincolnshire Enterprise Partnership;
- Increase the council’s profile and maximise funding opportunities working with colleagues internally and externally.
Your background/skills should be:
- Development management and/or planning background;
- Results driven;
- Private or public sector;
- Track record for delivery;
- Track record of building effective relationships across sectors.
We obviously face challenges and you will need to work hard to engage and galvanise attitudes towards development and growth within the borough, overcome barriers with our physical geography and location and to maximise the limited resources the council has available.
Our key objectives for the role are:
- Success in external funding for projects within the Borough;
- Increase domestic and commercial properties;
- Direct impact on business rate and council tax base .
Boston is a great place to work, with passionate elected members and you will be given the autonomy to develop the role in your own style.
With a small senior management team you have the opportunity to gain experience and development, make your mark and take the next step in your career.