Associate | Development Management | Town Planning
One of London's top planning departments is looking for a commercially aware Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI) to join their team as an Associate.
The role would be primarily working in development management across the UK, working on behalf of private sector clients and advising local authorities. You would be advising on masterplans and working on the submission of planning applications and appeals for complex developments.
The department has an impressive track record in securing planning permissions for large scale, high profile projects in a variety of sectors from residential to mixed use and sporting developments in London and countrywide.
Previous instructions include…
- Award winning sustainable housing developments
- Long term expansion of a university campus: mixed use development of teaching facilities, affordable housing, market housing community facilities and public open space
- Town Centre regeneration / Masterplans
- Cultural and Education developments
- Football Stadiums and other sporting developments
Your day to day role as an associate would include:
- Project management: programme, budget and staff management, whist being the main point of contact with clients
- Providing strong planning advice to clients
- Leading pre-application discussions
- Leading co-ordination meetings with multi-disciplinary teams, client, planning authorities and responding to stakeholder queries.
- Being actively involved in business development
The health and wellbeing of employees is a priority for this business and for the directors you would be working with. Yes, the team is hugely ambitious, however, they offer an excellent work life balance: they recognise that seeing your family and friends should rate more highly in people's priorities, rather than slaving away at work late every evening. They also offer flexible hours and are happy with employees working from home.
They offer financial security in a higher than market rate base salary and car allowance which means that you wouldn't have to depend on 'discretionary bonuses' and 'potential earnings', which seems to be the norm in most London consultancies.
For more information on the consultancy, the projects and the role, please contact Ellie on 020 77669013 or 07854 874154