Planning Development Manager
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
This has given us the opportunity to create a number of new and exciting roles. Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for individuals who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning team. So, if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to help us move forward to enhance our thriving towns, we would welcome an application from you.
Planning Development Manager (Ref: REG0818P)
Salary Band B - £41,620 per annum
As a key member of the planning team, you will be expected to provide strong leadership for the development management service and be responsible for playing a pivotal role managing a team of circa 20 professional and support staff.
- Manage financial budgets, forecasting finances, bid preparation and income generation development
- Ensure the service delivers high levels of performance against national and local targets
- Maintain and impart up-to-date planning and enforcement legislation best practice and knowledge, ensuring that the Council are always compliant and leading the way
- Liaise with members in relation to development, service delivery and improvement
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to ensure the delivery of high levels of performance
- Detailed knowledge of Development Management practice and procedures
- Budget management skills and an ability to balance resources
- A track record of delivery
- An ability to deliver business efficiency improvements and income generation opportunities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to offer technical critique of complex development applications
- A professional qualification in town planning and/or full membership of RTPI or other suitable professional body associated with town planning
- A full current driving licence
The Council will provide reimbursement of Removal and Relocation expenses if you are required to relocate to take up this appointment.
The above job is subject to job evaluation.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the relevant position reference number on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Monday 20 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed