Major Projects Planner
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
This has given us the opportunity to create a number of new and exciting roles. Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for individuals who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning team. So, if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to help us move forward to enhance our thriving towns, we would welcome an application from you.
Major Projects Planner (Ref: REG0819P)
Salary Scale PO 35-38 i.e. £31,401 to £34,106 per annum
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Planner wanting to progress their career into the first steps of management.
- Manage the appraisal of complex planning issues within statutory timescales and the technical ability to be the lead advisor on viability appraisal and negotiation
- Provide managerial support and deputise for the team Manager where required
- Represent the Council at Planning Committee, Hearings and Public Inquires when necessary
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as neighbouring authorities
- Feed into the critique of current policies in the formulation of the new Local Plan
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- Significant experience of project managing complex major planning applications from pre-application discussion to decision, including negotiation of planning conditions and S106 agreements
- Thorough knowledge of town planning legislation and procedures
- A professional qualification in town planning and/or full membership of RTPI or other appropriate professional body associated with town planning
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
- The ability to build positive relationships with members of the public
- A full current driving licence
The above job is subject to job evaluation.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the relevant position reference number on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Monday 20 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed