Major Sites Officer
1 day left
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
This has given us the opportunity to create a number of new and exciting roles. Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for individuals who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning team. So, if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to help us move forward to enhance our thriving towns, we would welcome an application from you.
Major Sites Officer (Ref: REG0820P)
Salary Scale SO2 i.e. £29,055 to £30,756 per annum
This role is ideal for an experienced planner seeking a move towards management. You will manage complex major sites from concept to delivery, this includes site appraisal, background infrastructure research and developer negotiation.
- Liaise with multiple key internal and external stakeholders to assist delivery
- Lead on the review and monitoring of the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Assist with the proper handling of complaints and enquiries about the service in line with corporate priorities and professional standards
- Represent the Council at Planning Committee, Hearings and Public Inquires when necessary
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- Knowledge and understanding of delivery mechanisms
- Extensive knowledge of current town planning legislation
- Experience of working within a planning/infrastructure environment.
- A professional qualification in town planning and/or full membership of RTPI or other suitable professional body associated with town planning
- A full current driving licence
The above job is subject to job evaluation.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the relevant position reference number on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Monday 20 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed