Local Plan Co-ordinator
5 days left
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
This has given us the opportunity to create a number of new and exciting roles. Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for individuals who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning team. So, if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to help us move forward to enhance our thriving towns, we would welcome an application from you.
Local Plan Co-ordinator (Ref: REG0821P)
Salary Scale SO2 i.e. £29,055 to £30,756 per annum
You will be the lead officer for the researching and writing of the strategic policies of the Local Plan within defined timescales and budget allocations.
- Lead the Plan through public examination at the Local Plan inquiry and seek to review adopted policy documentation when required.
- Contribute fully to the Plan adoption process, including implementation
- Carry out surveys, data recording and analysis
- Prepare planning briefs and supplementary planning documents when required
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as neighbouring authorities
- Represent the Council at Planning Committee, Hearings and Public Inquires when necessary
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- Thorough knowledge of town planning legislation and procedures
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
- A minimum of 3 years planning experience and a professional qualification in town planning and/ or membership of RTPI or other suitable professional body associated with town planning
- Strong interpersonal skills together with proven ability to analyse complex issues
- A full current driving licence
The above job is subject to job evaluation.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the relevant position reference number on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Monday 20 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed